Apex Bus [Baltimore-> NY]
  • It wasn't until 10 minutes later that I found out that the bus picked up from a McDonald's
  • I wasn't expecting much, as this ticket only cost $35 roundtrip
  • They definitely do not help in relieving some of the stress of holiday traveling

• by Eggman31

I took the Apex bus from Baltimore to New York. The website had said that the Baltimore pickup stop was at the Baltimore Travel Plaza. This is a very difficult bus station to get to for someone who is not all familiar with all the MTA bus stops around Baltimore. I myself had to transfer 3 different times. When I got to the bus station, I ran around trying to find the bus stop, as there are many, many other buses that go from Baltimore to New York. It wasn’t until 10 minutes later that I found out that the bus picked up from a McDonald’s. I wasn’t expecting much, as this ticket only cost $35 roundtrip. But picking up at a McDonald’s across the street from where it was suppose to be located?

Not a good sign. I asked around and was told that the bus already left. I wasn’t late, so I was annoyed. However, as I was about to leave, I saw that there was a crowd of people standing on a hill on the edge of the road. Everyone had a suitcase or some sort of traveling bag so I went to take a look. My instincts were correct and it was the bus service I was looking for. While waiting for the bus [in the cold rain I might add], I couldn’t help but think “there is no way I am skimping on a bus ticket ever again.” Little did I know it could get worse. It was 30 minutes later when finally someone representing the bus company came to tell ...

• us that the Washington DC bus that was suppose to come was not coming until a little later. This vague answer was not a good sign and ended up waiting in the small, dingy office that they had. I had bought my ticket online so that I would not have to deal with something like that. I wanted to get to New York before dinner as I was meeting someone and this did not happen. Not even close. But I was over it, as I did end up in New York.

But then, I had to go on this same bus service going home. Once again, where all the intercity buses meet in New York in Midtown next to New York City is a huge mess of buses squeezing in picking up people and trying to

get out of the city’s traffic. When I got there and saw a friend I knew from school, we stayed close to get back together. We went up to all of the buses to make sure our bus wasn’t there. We were told that the Apex bus was going to DC, in response to us asking if it was going to Baltimore. After most of the buses left, we were that the bus we had asked about was for Baltimore too [it drops off Baltimore then DC] but since we had bought the ticket for the specific time, we had to buy a new ticket for an hour later.

In review, these people are not understanding and do not take responsibility for their mistakes. They definitely do not help in relieving some of the stress of holiday traveling.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 251101565230731/k2311a0111/1.11.09