Little Red Riding Hood (1997)  » Movies  »
  • I was channel surfing and noticed Christina Ricci's face in black and white
  • I enjoyed that because it gave it a much more eerie feeling

• by RachelHst

One night, a few years back, I had a case of insomnia. I turned the TV on to the Sundance Channel only to find the short films playing. I was channel surfing and noticed Christina Ricci’s face in black and white. I knew it had to have been older because she looked so young in it.

Anyways, I was about a quarter of the way into

the film when I flipped to that channel. It had to have been a short on Little Red Riding Hood because I noticed a wolf looking at her. When I finally turned up the sound a little bit, it started.

There was no speaking, just the creepy voice of the narrator. I enjoyed that because it gave it a much more eerie feeling. The wolf was more ...

• man than wolf in this movie. He was beautiful to look at because he moved with such grace.

The plot was just like any Red Riding Hood story. The girl was going to her grandmother’s house. A hungry wolf spots her, takes an alternate path to granny’s, eats granny, and waits for Little Red. This story, however, was much more…Erotic. To me, the wolf not only

wanted to eat her, but he wanted a little more than that, so he played with her.

In the end, her silly, childish games actually paid off. She turned out not to be so naive, because she got away. There is no need for the woodsman in this version of the tale.

There are other little surprises in this 12 minute film. Both disgusting and pleasing at the same time.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111101565180731/k2311a0111/1.11.09