Dunlop Winter Sport M3 Tires  » Cars  »
  • I have driven through several inches of snow without a problem
  • The winter sports give you a much better chance of save driving in the ice than non-winter sports so I still highly recommend them, however do not make the mistake in thinking that because you have snow tires you can drive at regular speeds or faster on icy or snow covered roads

• by Mark Moccia

If you live in a cold weather state that annually gets a fair amount of snow and ice, driving around can be dangerous on regular tires for a front/rear wheel drive car. Cars with all wheel or four wheel drive obviously have better traction in winter driving conditions, however one item that truly makes a huge difference are snow tires that you have mounted on the car before the winter.

I have lived in New England my entire life and several years

ago I moved into a home with a long, steep driveway. The first year I lived at the house I drove a 2 wheel drive vehicle with regular tires, and I got stuck 3 separate times in my own driveway due to the snow and ice. On year 2 I purchased a set of Dunlop Winter Sport M3 tires and I will never drive in the winter again without them.

The Winter Sport M3s are incredible driving in the snow as ...

• the tread helps to stick to the ground and drive through snow. I have driven through several inches of snow without a problem. These tires are also very good in icy conditions. The tread on the tires is high quality and designed to last for multiple winters before you have to replace them.

I have found that in icy conditions you will still slip and need to be very careful. The only thing that seems to work well in

extreme ice is either studded tires or chains on the tires, which is not practical for day-day driving. The winter sports give you a much better chance of save driving in the ice than non-winter sports so I still highly recommend them, however do not make the mistake in thinking that because you have snow tires you can drive at regular speeds or faster on icy or snow covered roads.

Buy these tires and you will be happy you made the decision.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 91001564700531/k2311a0110/1.10.09