Scot’s Accugreen drop spreader
  • The only problem I had with it was with the calibration

• by aupoet

I purchased this spreader last fall planning to use it to keep the weeds under control in our yard. I finally got around to using it now that the holidays are over. It came disassembled and was easy to put together, requiring no tools except for adjusting the calibration screw which took a small pair of pliers. It is well made, with no flimsy thin metal parts that bend.

The hopper is totally plastic so it won’t rust out. The wheels are large and plastic making it easy to push and control on uneven ground.

The hopper held the whole 25 lb.

bag of weed and feed with room to spare. The only problem I had with it was with the calibration. When you put it together the last thing they tell you to do is to adjust a small screw on the bottom.

This is so the size of the opening at the bottom will be correctly calibrated with the markings given on the gauge you use to set the spreader for different products. The directions said to adjust the screw so that the moveable bar at the bottom ...

• lined up with a small mark. The mark was hard to find and when I used it, it put out alot less than it should have.

Our yard measures over 200 ft. by 100 ft. , that means its more than 20,000 sq.

ft. in area. The bag of weed/feed I used said it would cover 5000 sq.

ft. , so it should have only covered less than 1/4 of the yard. The bag listed this exact spreader on the directions and what setting to use for their product.

I set the spreader on that setting and

began walking. By the time I had covered half of the yard the hopper was still over half full, so too little was being put out. I had to set the spreader on a setting some 3 pts.

higher than called for to get the product to come out twice as fast. This spreader seems well made and is easy to set up and use. It is a little small for large yards but is light weight for easy manoeuvring.

It’s biggest problem was with calibrating it to put out the correct amount of lawn product.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 531001564570531/k2311a0110/1.10.09