Fusion solar shed light
Manitoba
  • Since it is always hooked-up to the solar panel, The battery will be topped off daily

• by rob

Like most people, we store our yard maintenance tools in our backyard shed. Typical of most sheds, there is no A/C power, meaning no light source. During the winter months, we store our firewood kindling in garbage cans. Unfortunantly, with the reduced sunlight during the winter months, we are usually stumbling around blindly in the darkness trying to get whatever we need.

Not anymore.

The Fusion solar shed light was $29.99. Perfect! it can be mounted on a wall or facing downwards on a

ceiling beam. I find mounting it with the light facing down to be most effective for light output in our situation. As a bonus, there is a magnet on the inside of the light to mount should your shed be made out of metal.

Included is a sloar panel to charge the light with 12 feet of wiring. The panel is adjustable enough on it’s base to make sure it is always exposed to direct sunlight.

After it’s 14 hour intial charge, I ...

• can’t ever see the batteries going dead. Battery life on a charge is approx. 4 hours. I don’t know about you, but I never plan on spending 4 hours in my shed. The 5 or 10 minutes a day the light might be on to get firewood will hardly make a dent in the battery power. Since it is always hooked-up to the solar panel, The battery will be topped off daily.

Keep in mind these are LED’S and not a blinding spotlight.

The light output is acceptable. It provides enough light to see what you are doing, but I wouldn’t be trying to read by it or doing any other small work.

Also, even though this is marketed as a “shed” light, you could take it camping and use it in a tent, or even keep it as a spare light in your car. Just don’t permanently mount the solar panel or light to anything.

If you need extra light in a self contained unit, look no further.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 531001564350431/k2311a0110/1.10.09