Office Max Filer  » Other  »
  • I think it's great mainly for two reasons
  • Also, not only would they occupy a lot of space, they would not be convenient to carry around, they would be so many in number that I would feel disorganized, even though their main purpose is to make me feel organized
  • With my bad teeth, I definitely need this one
  • I love this one because I have so many receipts
  • Overall, this is definitely a tool I recommend for organizing your documents

• by kaorusango

The filer from Office Max is an extremely useful and cheap tool for my organization. The filer is basically like a mini briefcase which you can use for carrying around your important files. I personally just keep it at home and file all my important papers in there. I think it’s great mainly for two reasons. Firstly, I don’t have to use a billion folders to store all my important documents. Also, not only would they occupy a lot of space, they would not be convenient to carry around, they would be so many in number that I would feel disorganized, even though their main purpose is to make me feel organized.

The main positive points are that I can carry it easily around because of the little handle on the top, that makes it just like a briefcase, it looks simple, yet sleek and you can store a lot of things. I really mean a lot of things. You might be wondering how it can carry so much stuff in one go. Well, the moment I open the little knob-like object and remove it from its “shell”, it opens to reveal all its contents and just stretches out. When you look inside, you see several folders all connected together to save space that are labeled for your convenience. The size of these folders are pretty huge, so you can easily fit in big papers, as well as small papers. In fact, one thing I do

to save space and put things of the same category in the same folder is that I take the small papers (they can’t be big in this case) and I put them vertically down and I put one group in one side and the other in the other side. This really helps accommodate a lot of things.

There are many things that are labeled in the folders. The first thing labeled is the number of the folder. Starting from the closest one it goes back and increases in number. Totally, there are 21 folders, which is honestly great considering the size and volume of each folder. The second thing labeled is the alphabet. There are letters from A to Z, each folder containing at least two letters for categorization purposes. The third thing labeled is the topic of each folder. Here are all the topics that my filer has: 1) Automobile receipts-for storing important vehicle information. I would also put things like a copy of my driver’s license or other DMV related documents.

2) Bank Receipts: I would put transactions and other bank related documents 3) Budget: I put things like wish lists and shopping lists and my maximum budget for them.

4) Credit Cards: I am glad that they were thoughtful enough to put a credit cards section, but honestly speaking I never do, because I am too afraid that it may be stolen. I recommend you to do the same.

5) Dental Records: With ...

• my bad teeth, I definitely need this one. I put things like my dentist’s card, receipts, X-rays, scans, copies of important information, related brochures and more.

6) Expenses: Of course, we have tons of expenses everyday and it is good to keep record of them in case.

7)Income: Keep papers related to your income, whether they are changes, calculations for total income in a couple of months, years and even decades.

8) Insurance: This one is important. Make sure you keep only somewhat important documents or even better keep copies of them and store the important ones in another place if you plan to take this filer everywhere.

9) Investments: Any place you invested money, from businesses to gambling.

10) Legal: Any legal issues you have faced, like going to court because of an accident.

11)Loans: Keep informations of things like home or car loans.

12) Medical Records: Record your visits to the doctor. This can be extremely useful. A long time ago, I had to take TB tests for playing sports and my doctor wanted to know if I had taken it before. I luckily had the filer, so I was able to use the documents to check the visits I had made to the doctor and show it to my new doctor.

13) Mortgage loans: This is a more particular loan section 14) Personal: Here you can store plenty of personal items. Some items I have are birthday or other special occasions cards

and certificates.

15) Real Estate: This yo may or may not use 16) Receipts: Store your shopping receipts. I love this one because I have so many receipts! It is useful especially when I have to return any items back to the shop.

17) School: Put your school information if you go to school or your children’s school information.

18) Taxes: Once again, a lot to put in this section!

19) Utilities: I don’t really use this section, but you can if you use it.

20) Warranties: I like this because I stored my Play station 2’s warranty in here and two years later found it intact to upgrade my Play station 2 to a Play station 3.

21) Conveniently blank. I can put whatever I want in it. I labeled this section: “Random”

This filer is indeed easy to use and convenient to store. But here’s a warning: Don’t store too much unless you like carrying heavy things or unless you leave it at home. Also, don’t put really, really important information in this filer for your safety.

Finally, I want to tell you something that you may not have noticed. You can Label over the labels in case you know that you would never use such a section. As a student, I practically labeled over everything! But it is not the best idea to directly label since it is pretty dark. I used the thick papery tape and wrote on that with my permanent marker and I could easily replace it with another!

Overall, this is definitely a tool I recommend for organizing your documents.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 121001564181231/k2311a0110/1.10.09