Idahoan Instant Potatoes  » Food  »
  • I decided to give instant potatoes another try
  • I bought the Idahoan instant potatoes, which advertises itself as real Idaho potatoes
  • I think just as good as using regular mashed
  • I notice a bit of an after taste with the potatoes, almost like they are a little stale

• by MaggieC

I decided to give instant potatoes another try. I am not big on instant potatoes, but I figured they are handy to have in the house.

They only take a few minutes to make, and when you are in a pinch it is nice to have mashed potatoes as a side dish.

I bought the Idahoan instant potatoes, which advertises

itself as real Idaho potatoes.

I hate to report that they still taste like instant potatoes.

I don’t hate them, if you doctor them up a bit they taste good.

But there is no way I could pass them off as the real thing.

If you saute some diced fresh garlic with a little butter, and stir it into ...

• the potatoes, they make a pretty good garlic potato.

I think just as good as using regular mashed.

Make sure the garlic is browned, and stir it in after you hydrate the potatoes in the boiling milk and butter.

It doesn’t taste bad with gravy either, but still not like homemade.

I notice a bit of an after taste

with the potatoes, almost like they are a little stale.

I have tasted that flavor with other instant potatoes.

If they were the only instant potatoes on the market, I would probably buy them again, just to have something quick when I need it.

But, I plan to try another brand, and see if I can find one that tastes better.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271001564041231/k2311a0110/1.10.09