AVG free antivirus software  » Software  »
  • I like the way I can control when it scans, what it scans, and how often it scans

• by aupoet

AVG free antivirus by Grisoft has protected my current computer for the past two years and my previous two computers before that. It was recommended to me by someone who works for the military and has to have an ultra secure computer. I have never had a virus to get on any of my machines and I do alot of surfing.

I had Norton at first and it really slowed down my computer and always sent me ads. I had a hard

time getting it totally out of my system also.

With AVG free there have been no ads and I don’t even know its there. It updates everytime the computer is started, both quickly and without effort.

You have an easy to use interface with it and can set it up quickly without problems, to do scans how and when you want it to. It won’t constantly bother you with reminders and popups.

You can see at a glance if it is up ...

• to date and there is a free forum on its website for users to check out any problems that do occur and get answers. The few times that I have had problems it has been with updating and they (the people at AVG)sent out a solution within a day or two.

When I first got a computer some seven years ago -a used one with Norton- and I downloaded AVG free, it found two trojans right away and locked them up. With

the free version you get the antivirus, an email scanner, a spyware scanner, and a search shield for when you do searches on the net.

I like the way I can control when it scans, what it scans, and how often it scans. I also run Zone Alarm firewall, Windows defender as a backup av, and Superantispyware.

The Avg doesn’t conflict with any of these and it and the Zone Alarm are the only ones that are allowed to update freely without problems.

AVG free antivirus software

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 301001564031231/k2311a0110/1.10.09