10 Things I Hate About You Movie  » Movies  »
  • I remember years ago my friends going on about this film, so I decided finally to rent and watch it, and I absolutely loved it
  • What I like most about the film is Julia Stiles character
  • Her character delivers an important message which I think would warm anyone's hearts
  • A brilliant film and I definitely recommend it

• by helenu

Since watching the recent Batman movie, The Dark Knight, I have been intrigued on watching more Heath Ledger films due to his brilliant performance. I remember years ago my friends going on about this film, so I decided finally to rent and watch it, and I absolutely loved it. It’s a teen comedy which starts with a new kid, Cameron, at the High School where the film is set, Padua High School.

He is shown around by another student when he see’s Bianca, a popular girl in school and is immediately smitten with her! He’s warned that Bianca is not allowed to date, bit she is in need of a French tutor. Cameron starts tutoring Bianca in order to get close to her and find out more about her non dating

rule.

He finds out that Bianca can only date if Kat is dating. Kat is Bianca’s older sister and is a bit of an outcast at school due to a bad temper and frank character! She is not afraid to say what she is thinking! So, to get around the dating rule, Cameron sets out to find a man suitable for Kat.

The only person they can think of is Patrick who, like Kat, is a bit of an out cast. When Cameron confronts Patrick about his situation, even Patrick is too scared to date Kat and needs a bribe to convince him.

A party is thrown where the sisters go with their dates. Kat winds up getting drunk and dancing on a table in front of everyone.

Meanwhile, Cameron discovers ...

• that Bianca was using him to find a date for Kat so that Bianca could date someone else. Patrick helps Kat down and takes her outside to calm down, where she ends up throwing up on his shoes! Later he drives her home and as she leans in for a kiss, Patrick suggests they should do that some other time, hurting Kat’s feelings and she runs off home.

The next big thing is Prom night where Kat reveals some secrets to her sister Bianca as to why she is how she is. The prom night ends up to be a total disaster with Kat finding out about the bribe and being completely angry and upset at Patrick.

Julia Stiles and Heath Ledger were fantastic in this film together! She was a

serious and angry person which keeps you wondering why she is like that. There are twists in the story which makes it heart felt and connects you to the characters.

The movie was very funny and I laughed many times…! It is a very typical American High School movie, like Mean Girls or How to Loose A Guy in 10 Days. What I like most about the film is Julia Stiles character.

Even though it is just a movie, her character is important for the type of age group this film is suited to. She is a non-conformist, strong female character which shows you don’t have to be like everyone else and fit in and follow everyone.

Her character delivers an important message which I think would warm anyone’s hearts. A brilliant film and I definitely recommend it.

10 Things I Hate About You Movie

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11901563781131/k2311a019/1.9.09