Hampton Bay Floor Lamp With Reading Light  » Electronics  »
  • I was able to get the first part attached to the base with no issue at all but when I tried to screw on the middle one it proved to be a little more difficult then I though
  • I had the same problem with the top but by then I had a friend helping me and we were able to get it together on the second try
  • There is a high/low switch which I like because sometimes I do not like the room too bright but I do need to be able to see

• by Raz

I am so happy with this brushed steel fished floor lamp with reading light. That is once I was actually able to assemble it. It comes in a box and there are three parts that need to be attached in order for it to stand 16″ wide x 71 1/2 high.

It looks so easy

but when I started to twist the parts together I ran into some trouble. I was able to get the first part attached to the base with no issue at all but when I tried to screw on the middle one it proved to be a little more difficult then I though. I would start to twist and it would move and not go in straight. Then when I tried to remove it the attachment part came off the bottom and got stuck. Four tries later the middle part was standing straight. I had the same problem with the top but by then I had a friend helping me and ...

• Hampton Bay Floor Lamp With Reading Light
      we were able to get it together on the second try.

The plastic shades were rather simple to attach. The one for the reading light slid on and just had to be turned a bit so it would stay in place. The top lampshade has two nuts and bolts that need to be removed, and

then reattached when the shade is in place.

I really like that it uses three standard 60 watt light bulbs, two for the main lamp and one for the reading. There is a high/low switch which I like because sometimes I do not like the room too bright but I do need to be able to see.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 16901563690131/k2311a019/1.9.09