Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian  » Movies  »
  • I have watched the first movie The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe before but I am not impressed with it at all
  • I personally enjoyed their acting in this movie very well, especially Peter, Edmund and Lucy
  • But the best actor has to be Miraz because he really manages to make everyone hates him as the ultimate bad guy in the movie
  • My favourite character, on the other hand, has to be the mouse, voiced by Eddie Izzard
  • Overall, I really love this movie and I am surprised to say that myself since I am not a fan of children-based stories such as Harry Potter

• by honest.guy

I just finished watching this movie few days ago with my family. I have watched the first movie “The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe” before but I am not impressed with it at all. There are just too many missing plots and the action scenes are pretty normal, at best. That is why I did not have too high an expectation when my sister bought this DVD from a local store.

The story in this second movie “Prince Caspian” revolves around the 4 main characters from the first movie, and an additional new character which is Prince Caspian played by Ben Barnes. The movie starts when our new hero is being chased out from his castle by his uncle Miraz and aunt who have just adopted a baby boy. The reason for this action is that his uncle wants to chase the prince, who is the only heir to the throne, out from the castle in order to make

himself the new king. With that evil plot of his, he chases the prince out and sends his followers to kill him. Fortunately for him, he comes across 2 dwarves, who used to be part of the Narnians and are thought to be extinct together with all the remaining Narnians hundreds of years ago. But the 2 dwarves, surprised to see him, want to kill him off since the Narnians are not supposed to be seen by those outside the forest in order to protect themselves. Desperate to rescue himself, the prince uses the horn left to him by his ancestor, to summon the Kings and Queens of Narnia Peter, Susan, Edmund and Lucy. And the 4 Pevensie siblings return to the world of Narnia yet again, only to find a completely changed world. They have been away for only few years in their real world, but the time in Narnia is completely different and it has been more than 1000 years since their last appearance in Narnia. The world faces a new threat in the form of the human race, the Telmarine, which is the origin of Prince Caspian. All the Narnians live in fear and trying their best to conceal themselves. Most of them have also lost their magic animals becoming wild and unable to talk, trees unable to move and dance, and everyone else living in fear. Their King Aslan has left them, and so are the Kings and Queens of the Pevensie siblings. But 4 of them are not going to let their beloved Narnians to become nothing but legend. They decide to take up the arms and fight against the rampaging Telmarine armies which, under the new evil king Miraz, want to destroy all Narnians and claim the whole world for their own. Together with the unlikely ally Prince Caspian, the Pevensie siblings lead the remaining survivors of Narnia to wage ...

• Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian
      one of the biggest wars in Narnia’s history.

The 4 actors who played the Pevensie siblings have all matured and done very well in this movie. I personally enjoyed their acting in this movie very well, especially Peter, Edmund and Lucy. It shows how much they have grown in the last few years. Besides that, Ben Barnes has also done a pretty good job in playing the role of Prince Caspian even though I don’t feel the impact is as big as the siblings. But the best actor has to be Miraz because he really manages to make everyone hates him as the ultimate bad guy in the movie. My favourite character, on the other hand, has to be the mouse, voiced by Eddie Izzard. He really manages to bring the cute character to life.

This second movie has seen significant improvements from the first movie. The plot is much more interesting than your average walk-into-wardrobe-and-see-another-world kind of bedtime story you

have seen in the first movie. There are more conflicts and plot twists here. Also, the cast of characters is pretty strong with decent performance from a large majority of them. But what I really love about this movie has to be the action sequences and the special effects. True, there are some similarities or ideas in this movie which have in fact being used elsewhere such as the walking trees and the river guardian (Lord of the Rings), and the warrior mouse (which looks and sounds like the cat in Shrek). But that does not mean this movie is not unique because it is and some of the CGs used here are much better than other movies from the same genre. Overall, I really love this movie and I am surprised to say that myself since I am not a fan of children-based stories such as Harry Potter. This is a must watch movie if you love fantasy-based movies. Highly recommended.

Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11901563281231/k2311a019/1.9.09