Dell desktop 530S  » Computers  »
  • I can easily see someone unfamiliar with using computers returning the computer for an exchange or refund

• by kashmire1255

I order a Dell 530S directly from Dell computers. When I ordered the computer they said it may take up to 1 week for them to build it and another week or so to ship it. This was fine with me.

The computer was delivered via UPS in 4 days, very fast considering it was 2 weeks before Christmas. Immediately upon turning it on the first time I got an

error message.

I called the Dell helpdesk and by telling them what the error message was they told me the error was a result of the computer searching for a floppy disk drive that I didn’t order and wasn’t included in the computer. Apparently the software wasn’t set up correctly.

The helpdesk walked me through correcting the configuration of the computer. It took a total of about 1 hour on ...

• the phone figuring out what was wrong and correcting the error.

Fortunately I’m not a computer novice and could do what should have been done at the factory. I can easily see someone unfamiliar with using computers returning the computer for an exchange or refund.

A day after receiving the computer I received an email from Dell saying the shipment of my computer would be delayed. I called them and

told them I already received the computer and wondered if I was shipped the wrong computer.

They assured me I received the correct computer. I couldn’t get a logical answer why I received that email.

So far the computer has been fine and has everything we ordered on it. The computer itself (once set up correctly) rates a 9 but the company receives a 2 or 3.

I figure this averages out to 6.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 19901563221231/k2311a019/1.9.09