Etsy .com  » Web sites  »
  • There is a nominal listing fee per item, but it is pretty cheap, when you consider how much it would be to pay for a store rent
  • I would recommend it to someone who is either looking to buy or sell handcrafted items

• by MaggieC

I really like the website Etsy, which is an online marketplace featuring artisans who are selling their work. It is a great place to find one of a kind art work and handcrafted items.

I also created my own account with the site, to allow me to sell handcrafted items.

It was fairly easy and is free.

Unlike

Ebay, which is an auction site, you set up an online store featuring your work with a set price.

There is a nominal listing fee per item, but it is pretty cheap, when you consider how much it would be to pay for a store rent.

With Etsy, your online store is open 24/7.

My only complaint,

• they do not take PayPal for payment of the Etsy bill - yet they do take PayPal when people are purchasing items on the site.

I sold a few items on the site, but I didn’t have much of an inventory.

I would recommend it to someone who is either looking to buy or sell handcrafted items.

For the

artist, it is a good opportunity to market their work at an affordable price.

They also have a section where someone can request a certain type of item, and tell how much they would like to pay.

If you sell handcrafted items, and want to do it online with a store (instead of auction) format, I would recommend Etsy.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 20801562481131/k2311a018/1.8.09