Hartz Training Academy  » Pets  »
  • It is amazing how well the pads work - when she uses them
  • The only problem with the pads, she wants to play with them when they are on the floor
  • I would recommend them to help train puppys, but start with the pads, not newspapers

• by MaggieC

We got a new puppy in November, and are in the midst of house breaking the pup. We started by the traditional newspapers, and she was fairly good about going on the newspaper.

Yet, it was messy and the urine would soak through, leaving newsprint stains on the floor to be cleaned up with the

urine.

My son suggested we try the new training pads now on the market.

I picked up a package of Hartz Training Academy.

They are 22 x 22 inch squares, with plastic coating on one side, and a quick drying absorbent side that neutralizes odor and is drip proof.

It is amazing how well the ...

• pads work - when she uses them.

Makes clean up a breeze.

She does seem to kind of get it.

The only problem with the pads, she wants to play with them when they are on the floor.

But, we had the same problem with the newspapers.

One night my mom watched

the puppy, and the puppy used one pad, three times.

I would always put a clean pad down between pees, but mom thought they were to be used for several pees.

I wish I would have used them from the beginning.

I would recommend them to help train puppys, but start with the pads, not newspapers!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 29701562421031/k2311a017/1.7.09