Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen A&E  » Movies  »
  • I believe the best movie version of Jane Austin's Pride and Prejudice is by A&E
  • I don't think the movie would appeal to many men, or young children, it was definitely a chick flick
  • If you are a Jane Austin fan I recommend the A&E production, it is one of my favorite movies

• by MaggieC

I believe the best movie version of Jane Austin’s Pride and Prejudice is by A&E. I’ve read the book, and the A&E version holds very close to Austin’s work. I hate when movie directors and film writers believe they have to make the classic their own, by making significant changes. I

remember watching Demi Moore’s Scarlet Letter, and thinking it did not even resemble the book. While it might have been an okay movie, it in no way resemble the original Scarlet Letter.

A&E did a wonderful job of casting for their production of Pride and Prejudice. I don’t think the ...

• movie would appeal to many men, or young children, it was definitely a chick flick. I remember thinking it was one on of the most erotic and sexy movies I had seen - and the main characters only kissed once in the entire movie! It was all of that great sexual
        tension and chemistry between the characters.

When I first watched the movie it was a serial on A&E, over several nights. I later purchased the video version, which consists of 6 VHS tapes. If you are a Jane Austin fan I recommend the A&E production, it is one of my favorite movies.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11701562370931/k2311a017/1.7.09