Dog Et Al  » Restaurants  »
1456 S Monroe St, Tallahassee, FL 32301
  • I know it's not because they are rotting, they are just homemade
  • They are thin cut and really delicious and the cheese is a mixture of the liquid stuff and shredded cheese
  • It's an interesting combination that really works

• by Slyboots

Dog Et Al is a Tallahassee institution. It’s one of those quirky places that Food Network Shows like to visit. The food is so-so, but the history and atmosphere can’t be beat.

When my boyfriend and I feel like a hot dog, we either visit Dog Et Al or (if we are feeling a little more adventurous) SuperPerros, which is Columbian hot dogs/fast food. The hot dog is Dog Et Al’s claim to fame (well, that and the entertaining non sequiters on their

marquee that they change pretty regularly) but honestly, I’m not that crazy about it. Mostly that’s because of the way it looks: skinny and a little green. I know it’s not because they are rotting, they are just homemade. But still, I can’t quite get over it.

My favorite thing to eat at Dog Et Al are the homemade chips with cheese. They are thin cut and really delicious and the cheese is a mixture of the liquid stuff and shredded cheese. It’s ...

• an interesting combination that really works. The cheese fries are also good.

My boyfriend always gets the footlong hotdog (which I could never, ever finish) and warns against the chili; he worked at Dog Et Al for a day and said the chili making was the worst part.

I also want to mention how nice the owner is. We went there once with no cash (they’ve since started to accept credit cards) and he just smiled and told us to eat and come

and pay him later. You don’t see that kind of trust 1. in that neighborhood 2. really at all these days. We were very impressed.

I would warn against eating there with a big party, the interior of the restaurant is notoriously small and a little cramped. Also, it gets pretty busy during lunch during the weekdays, so I would try to go at a different time.

Overall, Dog Et Al is a fun eat. Greasy, possibly low quality, but it’s got a lot of personality.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 7701562250931/k2311a017/1.7.09