Scoop Away Cat Litter
  • We ran into someone we know at KMart when shopping, and she has cats, so I asked her to recommend a cat litter

• by MaggieC

A cat adopted us about three years ago and the vet told us he needed to be an indoor cat, because of all the coyotes in our area. That meant indoor cat litter which sounded really gross to me.

I remember when I was a teenager some friends had indoor cats and their home always smelled horrible.

We decided to put the litter box in the

garage, and cut a doggie door in the door to the garage, that way the litter box wouldn’t smell up the house.

I went shopping for cat litter and litter boxes.

We ran into someone we know at KMart when shopping, and she has cats, so I asked her to recommend a cat litter.

She told me to try Scoop Away.

When the ...

• cat urinates, the litter clumps around the liquid, so when you clean the box, you can scoop out the urine with the poop.

I was amazed at how our garage did not smell.

It was so easy to clean the box, and it actually had a pleasant smell.

Once my husband picked up the wrong litter, it was not the clumping kind.

The urine absorbed

into the litter, at the bottom of the box.

While it didn’t really smell too bad, it was kind of gross to think all that urine remained in the box until you emptied it.

With Scoop Away, it is like the litter is totally clean after each time you remove the waste.

You do use a little more litter, but it is worth it!

Scoop Away Cat Litter
    Elliott R. hankin says :

Have the makers of Scoop Away stopped making the product in the white plastic buckets? Both Costco and BJ`S only have it in a 40lb BAG and this is very difficult carrying up 3 flights of stairs. I use the white buckets when finished with them to scoop the used litter into and cover it with the cover after its empty so I always have 2 buckets in Gigi`s room, one full for adding litter and the empty one to collect the used litter. If they arent producing the white buckets anymore then I will have to switch brands because its hard carryig a 40lb bag up 3 flights of stairs. Its much easier with a full handle on the white plastic bucket. I like the litter very much but cant use it in bags

Syrethyne says :

I noticed this at the Walmart in my area, I used to take in stray cats and find them good homes so I needed good litter. This worked well when I used it, now i noticed they don’t have it anymore.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 29701562210931/k2311a017/1.7.09