Diana Gabaldon’s Outlander Series  » Books  »
  • So I bought it, never knowing it was the first in the series

• by MaggieC

Diana Gabaldon’s Outlander, and the Outlander series are among my most favorite books. If you like history, time travel, adventure, love, and an amazingly well written story, then you can’t miss this series. The books are not a quick read.

I can usually read a novel in a couple nights, but not so with Gabaldon’s books.

I stumbled across the first book in the series, the Outlander, by accident.

It was featured as one of the books in a book club. So I bought it, never knowing it was the first in the series.

I was hooked. One strange thing, the books do not clearly state the order of the ...

• books (at least the original ones didn’t) and so it would be confusing for someone who might start in the middle of the series.

I so loved the book that I passed it on to my sister, and to several friends. They loved the books, and passed them onto more friends.

The book has almost a

cult following. Gabaldon gives new meaning to the old saying “turn a phrase”.

Each one of her sentences are little gems. I believe the order of the books are: Outlander, Drangon Fly in Amber, Voyager, Drums of Autumn, The Fiery Cross and a Breath of Snow and Ashes.

There may be more books added to the series.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 17701561790831/k2311a017/1.7.09