Cats as Pets  » Pets  »
  • They have very interesting personalities, and some cat-haters seem to resent the fact that cats, unlike dogs, will not come to you when you call them

• by MaggieC

I know a lot of people hate cats. I was always a dog person, but three years ago a cat adopted me and I have really come to appreciate cats as pets. They have very interesting personalities, and some cat-haters seem to resent the fact that cats, unlike dogs, will not come to you when you call them.

They come to you on their own terms.

But they can be very affectionate and playful.

I can understand why elderly women tend to like cats. For one thing, they do not have to take the cats out late at night.

If it is an indoor cat, there is no walking involved. For an elderly person, taking a dog out for walks can be dangerous, especially late at night.

While a cat won’t offer ...

• protection, they do provide companionship. They are also easy to take care of.

With the kitty litter available today, and the covered cat boxes, indoor litter boxes are not as disgusting as they once were. We put a doggie door in our garage door, and placed the litter box in the garage.

That way the cat goes into the garage to do his business, and there

is no smell. But even in the garage it is not bad, with the scented and clumping litter now on the market.

My husband never cared for cats, but he is a convert. When you go away on vacation, all you need is for someone to check in on the cat, they do well on their own for a few days.

I think I will always have a cat!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 29701561770831/k2311a017/1.7.09