Vlue Buffalo Puppy Food  » Pets  »
  • I have been particularly impressed with Blue Buffalo puppy food and all that they offer
  • If you have a dog or puppy suffering from allergies or you just want a healthy dog food for your pet, I would recommend Blue Buffalo
  • Blue Buffalo is a bit more costly than the average dog or puppy food brand, with a 30 lb bag cosing around $45, but you are able to feed half as much food daily as you would with the dry kibble from Purina, Iams, Eukanuba, and a lot of the other popular dog foods, plus the results this food offers your dog is well worth the cost
  • I also noticed with this puppy food that Leroy had less bowel movements daily because, much like many of the high end dog food brands, their is very little waste with this food

• by Lablover007

I have been particularly impressed with Blue Buffalo puppy food and all that they offer. I recently rescued a Labrador Retriever mix puppy who had serious problems with his skin and coat. He was constantly scratching and itching, and even going so far as nibbling himself until his skin turned red and bled! I was very concerned about him and after finding out that the problems were due to allergies I questioned the quality of Leroy’s future.

The vet thought the culprit was food allergies but there was no way of knowing for sure what kind of foods he was actually allergic to, so our only choice was to try different puppy foods and see how he responded to each of them. After a month of failed foods I was really starting to worry that we might never find a food that Leroy would tolerate.

He was more uncomfortable than ever and looked awful with more bald

spots, than he had fur! The vet finally suggested that we try Blue Buffalo Puppy Food. I went online and learned that they offer unique flavors such as lamb and brown rice, chicken and brown rice, or fish and sweet potato.

My vet explained that these varying ingredients and large range of options are perfect for a highly allergic dog who may not be able to handle many other dog food brands. Also the Blue Buffalo foods are more basic and bland, without so many fillers or additives which affect many allergy prone dogs.

Still, I was concerned about Leroy getting enough nutrition from a blander meal but the nutritional value in all of the Blue Buffalo dog and puppy foods are top notch with the first three ingredients of their chicken and brown rice meal being de-boned chicken, chicken meal, and whole ground brown rice. De-boned lamb, lamb meal, and whole barley are the first three ...

• ingredients in their lamb and rice blend while whitefish, whole ground barley, and whole barley are the first three in their fish and sweet potatoes blend.

So after doing all of the appropriate research I let Leroy try the Blue Buffalo Puppy Food and the results were miraculous. I knew after the first week that this was the food we had been searching for! In a short time Leroy regained his hair, now a shiny chocolate and white color that we had never seen before on this boy.

He also stopped itching completely and is finally able to use his time and energy to do normal puppy things, like play with toys, chew things other than himself, and chase his buddies!

If you have a dog or puppy suffering from allergies or you just want a healthy dog food for your pet, I would recommend Blue Buffalo. Blue Buffalo is a bit more costly than the average

dog or puppy food brand, with a 30 lb bag cosing around $45, but you are able to feed half as much food daily as you would with the dry kibble from Purina, Iams, Eukanuba, and a lot of the other popular dog foods, plus the results this food offers your dog is well worth the cost.

You also have to factor in the savings on vet bills for your allergy sufferers! I also noticed with this puppy food that Leroy had less bowel movements daily because, much like many of the high end dog food brands, their is very little waste with this food. Blue Buffalo offers a impressive website, http://www.

bluebuff. com/, where you can actually compare their dog food to other popular brands, which helped me out immensely when trying to research the nutritional value of the puppy food.

Overall this is a great puppy food and I won’t hesitate to move Leroy to the adult blend when he is older.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 29701561540831/k2311a017/1.7.09