HP Pavilion dv5-1233se Special Edition  » Laptops  »
  • My old laptop was starting to fade on me quite a bit and I decided it was time to pick up a new one
  • I highly recommend this product to someone who wants a good new laptop computer for under $1000

• by Mark Moccia

I just recently purchased the HP Pavilion dv5-1233se Special Edition Notebook PC and I am a big fan. My old laptop was starting to fade on me quite a bit and I decided it was time to pick up a new one. What grabbed my attention about this model was both the price and features relative to competitive brands. I purchased this laptop at Circuit City for $749 and it comes with 4GB RAM, a 350GB hard drive, Intel

Core 2 Duo T6800 processor, a web cam, Windows Vista Premium 64-bit home edition and much more. Let’s face it, Windows Vista is a memory beast and it requires quite a bit of processing power to run. Thankfully, this laptop comes equipped with more than enough.

This computer is blazing fast for web browsing, word processing and multi-tasking in general. I have not tried to play any games on it yet however other information I was reading about this ...

• device indicates it handles games very well. The 15.4 inch screen is bright and crisp, displaying video and web pages very clearly.

The laptop comes installed with the HP total care advisor software, which will monitor the performance of your laptop, security, Q&A and a direct link to Windows Live Search. I find the total care advisor to be somewhat useless but for those who are new to computing it is a nice introductory tool for your new computer.

The speakers on this computer will not be mistaken for a music hall but they are clear and plenty loud for listening to music or watching videos.

This computer is lightweight, sleek and stylish. I highly recommend this product to someone who wants a good new laptop computer for under $1000. Other models offering the functionality this one does were at least $50-100 more with a couple of sale price exceptions. Take the plunge with HP, this is a great product.

Kim Ferguson says :

I can`t find how to use my web cam? Is it already installed? How do I get to it to take pictures?

tcidy says :

click`start`- `All programs`- `HP`- `HP mediasmart`- `HP mediasmart webcam` try it

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 63601561461131/k2311a016/1.6.09