Nikon S550 Camera  » Cameras  »
  • Friends had been telling me that I should get a Nikon camera because it is the best in this price range
  • I bought it on sale for $150, and now I know why my friends have been telling me to get this brand camera
  • I have had similarly priced Kodak and Samsung cameras in the past, and have been disappointed in the quality of the pictures they took
  • It is really amazing how something so far away can be zoomed in on and blown up with perfect resolution

• by Hawaii Reviewer

I just love my new camera!! I have never had a reasonably priced camera take such incredible pictures! Friends had been telling me that I should get a Nikon camera because it is the best in this price range. I bought it on sale for $150, and now I know why my friends have been telling me to get this brand camera. I have had similarly priced Kodak and Samsung cameras in the past, and have been disappointed in the quality of the pictures they took.

This camera has a 5x zoom lens and 8 mega pixels. I am not technology savvy, but I do know that this is more than what

other cameras in this price range give you. It is really amazing how something so far away can be zoomed in on and blown up with perfect resolution. I took a picture of an island that is very far away from my lanai (balcony for those mainlanders), and I was amazed that I could actually see trees and people on the island when I enlarged the photo on my computer. I saw things in the picture that I cannot even see with my naked eye. The 5x zoom acts like a telescope and really creates beautiful detail in faraway shots.

Also, the camera has really cool settings to enhance your shots. It ...

• has options for almost any type of setting or lighting. I absolutely love the close-up shots it takes. The pictures look like a professional photographer took them, and I am just an amateur. You can see the wings of a tiny bug on a flower pedal in the picture - just amazing quality!

The instructions are well written and easy to understand. As I mentioned before, there is an ideal picture taking setting on the camera for any condition or any time of day you might want to take a perfect picture, and the instructions for each setting are clear and easy to understand.

I cannot say enough good things about this

camera. It is small and light and easy to carry or put in your pocket, and it comes with cool software to create panoramic pictures and all sorts of cool stuff. The only thing you should be aware of is that the battery has a pretty short charge life. It only takes about an hour to recharge, and the camera comes with the charger, so it is not particularly a negative - just something to keep in mind. You may want to purchase a second battery to have one charged at all times, but I don’t mind taking an hour out to recharge the battery now and then for the awesome results this camera produces.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 43501560270731/k2311a015/1.5.09