Musiq Soulchild, Backagain
  • I love Musiq's album Loveandmusiq, but I'm not really feeling this new album he has out
  • There was so much poetry in the songs and the beats were just amazing

• by Charlemangne

I love Musiq’s album Loveandmusiq, but I’m not really feeling this new album he has out. The album is selling like crazy, but I feel that it’s missing the great songs that would make it a great album.

I guess you can’t expect an artist to make a hit album right after a hit album. I still find his lyrics to be on point, but this album is lacking a lot

in the gloss that made his last album really good. Some of the songs on the old album are still in my head. Buddy is a song I just can’t forget.

His song Millionaire is one that really hit home with me on Loveandmusiq. There was so much poetry in the songs and the beats were just amazing. When I first got that album I played it over and over until everyone ...

• around me was tired of hearing it. When I have a reaction like that, that means an album has done its job of hitting that right spot. But this new album just did not hit me in that spot.

The first song on this album, Backagain, has good beats and decent lyrics, but it sounds like just another RnB song. The poetry in his past lyrics is just not in this album.

I can’t help but to think Musiq needs to head in a new direction as a neo-soul artist. This album is nothing more than a repeat of an old album. Although I’m still a fan of his, I will look out for a different album. He needs to get back to his award winning best. I will continue listening to the album until something clicks, but I don’t see that happening soon.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 14501559780731/k2311a015/1.5.09