Bedtime Stories  » Movies  »
  • I have to say - each member of my family thoroughly enjoyed this movie
  • There was nothing in the movie that I found objectionable or felt I would need to explain to my kids afterward (that's always a plus) - and I'm rather prudish and strict about what my kids watch

• by Tamara Waters

I’ll admit it: I wasn’t too excited about taking my kids to see Bedtime Stories (starring Adam Sandler, Courtney Cox, Kerri Russell). They received a gift card for the local movie theater from an aunt as a Christmas present and they were itching to make the trek to our local movie house. I checked out the offerings our local Kerasotes theater had and decided, much to my chagrin, Bedtime Stories looked to be the most promising.

So the whole family - Mom, Dad, and three kiddos hopped in the family Suburban for a

Sunday afternoon matinee. Hubby and I were not expecting to be entertained or even more than bored with the movie, but boy were we both surprised!

I have to say - each member of my family thoroughly enjoyed this movie! It was obvious that the other moviegoers with us were equally carried away into this fun fantasy adventure.

Sandler plays Skeeter, a handyman at a huge hotel. His father owned the original hotel but had to sell it to a gent named Nottingham after his finances went down the tubes.

He elicited a ...

• promise from Mr. Nottingham that he would eventually put Skeeter in charge as General Manager.

Of course Nottingham quickly forgets the promise but he does keep Skeeter on as the fix-it guy. The story turns when Skeeter’s sister (Cox) must leave town for a job interview and leaves her brother in charge of her two children.

Skeeter and the kids develop a fun bedtime ritual of making up a bedtime story every night. After the first night’s story, Skeeter discovers that their stories are coming true.

He is caught in a shower of

gum balls and realizes that something special is going on. What ensues is a fun and hilarious look at family relationships, real life and the world of imagination.

I won’t give away any more of the story, you’ll just have to see it for yourself. There was nothing in the movie that I found objectionable or felt I would need to explain to my kids afterward (that’s always a plus) - and I’m rather prudish and strict about what my kids watch.

Bedtime Stories was a sweet story that made you feel good to watch. It was a great holiday offering for the whole family.

Bedtime Stories

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11401559291031/k2311a014/1.4.09