Paypal  » Finance  »
  • I once had a question which was not addressed by return mail, and I think this area of Paypal needs some upgrading to be useful
  • If you have a problem, contact Paypal and ask for someone to walk you throughthe process

• by Sharon Flannagan

Paypal is a handy service you can use to send and recieve money online, and it can be accessed through most countries in the world.

Working as a freelance writer, my Paypal account is useful to me because I also have a debit card to withdraw my salary from the any ATM whenever I need access to my money. Paypal also has a Credit Card, and another program they call buyer credit.

Most people who use Ebay now also use Paypal. The two services are owned by the same corporation, so it really streamlines the process.

I have had occassion to contact Paypal’s customer service people by phone in the past, and found the service to be easy to access, as well as having service representatives who were quite knowledgable and polite. I must say though, that the same cannot be said for the email forms and responses; I once had a question which was not addressed by return mail, and I think this area of Paypal needs some upgrading to be useful.

If you have a website and wish to sell products or services, Paypal has shopping cart software for you to use. I personally prefer the buy now buttons which can be coded into your webpage easily. If you do not have much html ...

• Paypal
      knowledge, the button wizard on Paypal’s site is easy to understand, and you ought to be done in minutes. If you have a problem, contact Paypal and ask for someone to walk you throughthe process.

Paypal also ffers a money market account which can be a bonus if you have a consistently high account balance. You will need to read the prospectus first though, as there is risk associated with investing in

such programs. I make a small return on a regular basis, and the amount fluctuates according to market conditions on the particular day.

I rate Paypal 9 out of 10 overall, only falling short of 10 due to the lack of email support.

Vsit Paypal and open a free account today by going to: https://www.paypal.com/us/

Note: Always look for the https…and not http, this indicates that you are on a secure site before entering sensitive information.

Paypal
roshan says :

is it free or there is any rental for it..

Galega says :

It is absolutely free to use the account.

However, you may have to shell out some fee for sending and receiving money in your bank account. The fee depend on many factors, including your country.

Sharon Flannagan replies :

Thank you for your inquiry to open an account is free with Paypal. The only charges are of course, interest on credit cards nad buyer credit, and if you use an ATM there will be a charge from the bank the funds came from` this will charge back to your card. here is no charge to withdraw funds back to your bank account from Paypal.

Galega says :

It is wrong to say that there is no charge in withdrawing money from PayPal to your bank account. There are charges, which is not same for all countries. Apart from that, the exchange rate of PayPal is always lower than what is currently going on. You can also count the loss due to exchange rate as a charge.

quick note by anonymous :

paypal is one of the best online money transfer i have ever used thanks

Jairaaj sarna says :

re : If you have a problem, contact Paypal and ask for someone to walk you throughthe process
once the same situation happened with me also….i also had a question which was not answered by the return mail

Galega says :

I am quite an old user of PayPal and have used many other their services. I have never found them being unresponsive. I have issues with their exchange rate, but that is another issue. I think you have mailed the wrong queries at the wrong destination.

Sergio Coutinho says :

I’ve been using Paypal for several years now. It’s really handy and free to use. With it I can exchange money with my real bank account. I also got a Donate Button in my blog. It’s a great service

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 42401559160131/k2311a014/1.4.09