Kenyan rock band Murfy’s Flaw
  • If I were a record company executive, I would definitely sign up Kenyan rock band Murfy's Flaw
  • I have watched and listened with great pleasure as they played Zombie , a song by one of my favourite rock bands The Cranberries
  • I love Indian music so I was enchanted when in one of the shows, lead singer Reema sang a beautiful, Indian Happy Birthday song - to herself
  • I am a self-confessed goth and so I thoroughly enjoyed the haunting sounds and Chrissie Hynde-inspired vocals of My Friend

• by Mildred Achoch

If I were a record company executive, I would definitely sign up Kenyan rock band Murfy’s Flaw. Three things make this band appealing to me. First of all, five out of six of the band members are female. Being female myself, I can only celebrate this fact since the rock ‘n’ roll industry, whether here in Kenya or the world over is male-dominated.

Secondly, Murfy’s Flaw is a

multi-ethnic band. Like my fellow Kenyans, I watched in horror and despair as my country was plunged into post-election violence in December last year and January this year. My parents are from two different tribes so I especially love the fact that this band demonstrates that people from different ethnic and racial groups can work together and make beautiful music together - literally and metaphorically!

Lastly, Murfy’s Flaw ...

• is a very versatile band. This is important to me because my taste in music is quite eclectic so I appreciate a band that can cater to the majority of my taste. Murfy’s Flaw can play both covers and originals. I have watched and listened with great pleasure as they played “Zombie”, a song by one of my favourite rock bands “The Cranberries.” I love Indian music
        so I was enchanted when in one of the shows, lead singer Reema sang a beautiful, Indian “Happy Birthday” song - to herself! I am a self-confessed goth and so I thoroughly enjoyed the haunting sounds and Chrissie Hynde-inspired vocals of “My Friend”. And being a Swahili-speaking Kenyan, it is always a special treat for me to watch and listen to them perform their Swahili rock songs.

joining the a rock band says :

where can i get a rock band i would like to sing soft rock music gospel

nicholas nkhwazi says :

It may actually be hard to find a band that is already set up and doing its thing to work for you so what i would suggest is maybe you find some musicians from local churches and assemble a band and take it from there and see what you can come up with.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 14401559050131/k2311a014/1.4.09