Journey to the Center of the Earth  » Movies  »
  • I love the fact that, rather trying to follow Jules Vern's book the movie was based on a theory that the book was a guide rather than science fiction and Frasier's character, in search of his brother, seeks the pathway to the center of the Earth
  • Overall though I think this was one of the better action films I've seen in a while and I take my hat off to something that was finally unique

• by Steve

Wow do I wish I owned a pair of 3-D glasses. We watched the movie Journey to the Center of the Earth last night and it was awesome.

When comparing Brendon Frasier in this film with his other movies I would rank this one right up there with The Mummy in terms

of action and adventure.

I love the fact that, rather trying to follow Jules Vern’s book the movie was based on a theory that the book was a guide rather than science fiction and Frasier’s character, in search of his brother, seeks the pathway to the center of the Earth.

I loved ...

• the creatures they encountered too; especially when they are crossing an underground ocean and are trying to survive killer fish and dinosaurs.

Again, I wish I had 3-D glasses for that scene.

My only real complaint about this movie is I wish they would have spent more time at the center; so

we could see more strange and unique creatures brought to life.

Most of the movie is them getting there and then escaping; a bit disappointing at that level.

Overall though I think this was one of the better action films I’ve seen in a while and I take my hat off to something that was finally unique.

Journey to the Center of the Earth

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11301558861231/k2311a013/1.3.09