Kung fu Panda  » Movies  »
  • I thought the fight scenes in this film were a bit drawn out
  • So, I don't think this film is as original as advertised
  • Still, it turned out to be a very good movie and one I would recommend

• by Steve

I’m not a huge Jack Black fan. But, I have to admit his new (animated) movie, Kung fu Panda turned out to be pretty good.

Black does the voice of Po, a worker in a noodle restaurant who aspires to be a Kung fu master and, through a series of very funny events, is chosen as

the next Dragon Warrior.

Of course, since he’s overweight and a bit awkward, he struggles throughout the film at the hands of his master (voiced by Dustin Hoffman) and even faces the criticism of the furious 5 (voiced by everyone from Angelina Jolie to Jackie Chan).

But, as it turns out, he’s an expert; he just ...

• needs food to inspire him.

That last part turned out to be one of the funnier parts of the entire movie.

I thought the fight scenes in this film were a bit drawn out; especially before the final fight scene.

The animation was pretty cool but it was obviously filler.

I also got the feeling I’ve

seen this movie before.

Some of the scenes reminded me of the Chris Farley film Beverly Hills Ninja.

Others reminded me of Star Wars and even others reminded me of Teenaged Mutant Ninja Turtles.

So, I don’t think this film is as original as advertised.

Still, it turned out to be a very good movie and one I would recommend.

Kung fu Panda

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11301558761231/k2311a013/1.3.09