Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Prophecy Girl  » TV  »
  • I finally got to see the season 1 finale of Buffy the Vampire Slayer Prophecy Girl and have to admit it made up for the numerous crappy episodes of the series in that first season
  • But, overall, I have to say I loved this finale so much, I wanted to watch it again

• by Steve

I finally got to see the season 1 finale of Buffy the Vampire Slayer “Prophecy Girl” and have to admit it made up for the numerous crappy episodes of the series in that first season. The episode has Buffy finally facing the Master; more importantly it has her doing so even though there is a

prophecy she will be killed when she meets him.

That, of course, gets her to quit for a while but she decides to meet her fate when she realizes that, if she does nothing, the world will be taken over by the Master without a fight.

This is actually a great episode in a number ...

• of ways.

First, that whole Xander lusting after Buffy thing is brought to a close when he asks her out and she refuses him; saying she doesn’t see him in that way.

Ironically, Xander still follows her into the Master’s lair and ends up saving her life.

Plus, you have the tension and adventure of

the final battle, but you also have some great one-liners coming from Buffy like “I may be dead, but I’m still pretty.

” I’m still a bit curious how they will explain the skeleton left in the library after the final battle.

But, overall, I have to say I loved this finale so much, I wanted to watch it again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 10201558451131/k2311a012/1.2.09