MASH: Der Tag  » TV  »
  • I like how they manage to get Frank drunk and find out he's really a fun loving person who just doesn't know how to have a good time

• by Steve

I haven’t seen the MASH episode Der Tag before but I have to admit, after finally seeing it, it was kind of cute. Not hillarious, but entertaining none the less.

It falls shortly after Colonel Potter joins the unit but before Frank Burns leaves and involves B.

J.

and Hawkeye having

to be nice to Frank while Major Holihan is in Tokyo at a convention or something; something that is driving Frank insane.

I like how they manage to get Frank drunk and find out he’s really a fun loving person who just doesn’t know how to have a good time.

...

• And, the thought of them putting a body bag tag on his toe while he’s passed out only to have him get up in the middle of the night and accidentally fall into a truck heading toward the front lines is classic.

However, I have to question Potter’s military leadership

in this one.

He has one of his doctors at the front and his solution is to send his two remaining doctors there too.

Good thing they didn’t get a bunch of wounded while they were gone or Potter would have been screwed.

And, what if all three had been killed?

Overall though, not a bad episode.

Richard Liston Stinchcomb JR. says :

re : I like how they manage to get Frank drunk and find out he’s really a fun loving person who just doesn’t know how to have a good time
    There is a blooper in the Mash episode Der Tag Radar was asleep with an AVENGERS comic book , laying on his chest The AVENGERS did not come out until 1963

Jennifer Davis says :

I love MASH, I grew up watching it, can someone tell me if I can still buy it somewhere? And what season was this episode?

Marg says :

This was the fourth season. I would suggest purchasing it from Amazon. You can get it here:

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 10201558421131/k2311a012/1.2.09