Gourmet Dining Frozen Dinner
  • Considering it took less than 30 minutes to make the meal start from finish and cost quite a bit less than an Italian restaurant, it turned out to be a good investment
  • Sure, there were big chunks and the meat was top quality, but I don't think there were even 12 pieces
  • Despite this problem, I'm comfortable still recommending the Gourmet Dining Skillet Dinners to anyone who is looking for a quick, filling meal
  • It's definitely worth the money because you get quality for the price

• by Steve

I recently purchased the Chicken Parmigiana Skillet Dinner from Gourmet Dining and, while I did have at least one complaint about the product, found myself being legitimately satisfied with my purchase. The Gourmet Dining frozen skillet dinner was both easy to make and great tasting.

It wasn’t too salty like other brands

of dinners like this but, at the same time, wasn’t bland either.

Considering it took less than 30 minutes to make the meal start from finish and cost quite a bit less than an Italian restaurant, it turned out to be a good investment.

My biggest complaint about the meal is there ...

• really wasn’t enough chicken in it.

Sure, there were big chunks and the meat was top quality, but I don’t think there were even 12 pieces.

We had to add our own chicken just to make it enough for both of us to be happy.

That, right there, is the reason I’m

deducting a couple points from my final score, which normally would have been a 10.

Despite this problem, I’m comfortable still recommending the Gourmet Dining Skillet Dinners to anyone who is looking for a quick, filling meal.

It’s definitely worth the money because you get quality for the price; just not a lot of meat.

D Lyon says :

re : It’s definitely worth the money because you get quality for the price
    Bought the Gourmet Dining Chicken Stir Fry: Supposed to contain water chestnuts, there were none. Broccoli was so tough could not even chew it. Only one or two snap pea pods. Too many carrots. What is happening to this brand It used to be much better Not worth the money any more.

Rita Real says :

re : Considering it took less than 30 minutes to make the meal start from finish and cost quite a bit less than an Italian restaurant, it turned out to be a good investment
    I think frozen meals in general are convenient, but unhealthy and overall more expensive than making your own food at home. My recommendation is to buy your own ingredients to make 7 serving of the same exact thing without all the preservatives and added salt. If you do this on the weekend, put the portions in freezer bags, you’ll have yummy, convenient, cheaper food for the rest of the week.

Rita Real says :

re : Sure, there were big chunks and the meat was top quality, but I don’t think there were even 12 pieces
    Yes, they never put enough protein and it is never satisfying. They put more vegetables because it is the cheapest.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27201558341131/k2311a012/1.2.09