Countess Dracula  » Movies  »
  • He kept bouncing around all happy like an idiot
  • But, considering the price, I would say this was a decent enough movie and one I would feel comfortable recommending simply because it exceeded expectations

• by Steve

We recently bought the movie Countess Dracula on the budget rack of our local department store. It was one of those movies you could buy really cheap and even have a second feature at the same time. For that reason, we didn’t think it was going to be any good; just good for a laugh.

While not particularly scary, I have to say it was actually much better than I expected it to be. The movie, which was made in 1970, stars Ingrid Pitt as an elderly

countess who finds she can restore her youth by bathing herself in the blood of a virgin woman.

At first, she does it because it means she can seduce the young soldier she has fallen for. But, as the movie progresses, it becomes an obsession for her because, each time the blood wears off, she becomes older and uglier.

Like I said before, the movie really wasn’t overly scary and, as suspected, my wife and I ended up laughing as much as anything; especially at the young ...

• soldier who was a big goofball. He kept bouncing around all happy like an idiot.

The castle historian also was similar in nature and reminded us of the Harry Potter character Dumbledore. The make up and camera work was also a bit iffy.

There was one scene where he was waiting to be seated for dinner and it looked like his head was on fire because there was a torch on the other side of him. My wife and I were laughing so hard, we had to

shut it off a minute.

There were also a few holes in the story line. For one, I never could figure out why she needed to kill the women rather than just imprisoning a couple of them and draining their blood as needed.

And, I’m a bit confused as to why they needed to be stripped naked if she was just getting the blood from their neck or wrist. But, considering the price, I would say this was a decent enough movie and one I would feel comfortable recommending simply because it exceeded expectations.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11201558291131/k2311a012/1.2.09