Veggie Tales: The Pirates who don’t do anything
  • However, the movie The Pirates who don't do Anything, is definitely an exception

• by Steve

I’ve sat down to watch Veggie Tale movies with my daughter before. But, I’ve only done it to be nice; I’ve rarely enjoyed the experience.

However, the movie The Pirates who don’t do Anything, is definitely an exception.

I actually liked the movie as much as she did.

Unlike other Veggie Tale movies,

there really isn’t much emphasis on religious values in this movie.

Instead, you have a nice story about three bus boys who travel to the past and help rescue a royal family from pirates.

Along the way, you have some great comedy, plenty of action and a nice message about how anyone, even ...

• the smallest and weakest person, can be a hero simply by choosing to do the right thing.

If there was anything I didn’t like about this film, it was some of the extra violence that was thrown in.

I can understand the sword fighting and the naval battles (this is a pirate film)

but scenes like the one in the tavern where they were beating each other up to a song, were a bit too much.

It’s just something too many kids might attempt to imitate.

Outside of that though, this turned out to be a better movie than I expected and it is a potential Christmas gift for her this year.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11201557971131/k2311a012/1.2.09