Grease  » Movies  »
  • I'm not sure what it is I like about this movie, that stars John Travolta and Olivia Newton John as high school kids in the 1950s
  • Overall though, this continues to be a classic and one I would definitely share with my kids

• by Steve

I have seen the movie Grease probably about 50 times since I was a kid. And, even though I have seen it that many times, I can’t help but take the time to watch at least part of it whenever I come across it on television.

I’m not sure what it is I like about this movie, that

stars John Travolta and Olivia Newton John as high school kids in the 1950s.

Maybe it’s the fact it’s a very upbeat film with plenty of song and dance numbers (complete with special appearances by singers of that era)to keep you entertained.

In fact, I last watched it a couple days ago and still have a couple of ...

• the songs stuck in my head.

I was humming one of them just a few minutes ago.

One thing about this movie I’m not a huge fan of though is it is a bit goofy at times.

I wasn’t alive during the 1950s but have to question whether or not high schools really held carnivals, complete with rides,

to celebrate a graduating class.

Maybe they did because nobody sued back then.

Plus the love story in this is a bit bizarre.

Sandie decides to become a slut to win Danny’s heart.

Kind of dumb if you ask me.

He should love her for who she is.

Overall though, this continues to be a classic and one I would definitely share with my kids.

Grease

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11201557821031/k2311a012/1.2.09