Joy Ride 2: Dead Ahead
  • Good movie though and one I would recommend

• by Steve

My wife and I absolutely loved the 2001 movie Joy Ride. So, when we saw there was a sequel, we wanted to see it.

However, when we rented it, we figured it probably would turn out not to be any good.

While the movie didn’t live up to the original, it did turn out to be much

better than we expected.

This time the truck driver Rusty Nails ends up terrorizing a group of travelers who end up stealing his car when their car breaks down and they come across his deserted farmhouse.

And, once again, he manages to torture them both mentally and physically.

Some of the scenes in the movie are a ...

• bit weak, however.

You have the one guy that was met online and I have to say he was one of the most annoying characters I’ve ever seen in movies like this one.

I was actually happy when he was killed.

And just how wimpy is the fiance considering he was captured minutes into the film.

And,

of course, you have the one girl beating Rusty Nails to the ground with a shovel.

Not only does she just stop hitting him, rather than making sure he’s finished off, she drops the shovel and loses her weapon.

How stupid is that?

Good movie though and one I would recommend.

Just don’t expect it to be as good as the first one was.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11201557801031/k2311a012/1.2.09