Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Dead Man’s Party  » TV  »
  • Of course, it didn't win enough points for me to consider it a great episode
  • I think you could have done a better job like we understand your pain Buffy, but we care about you and want you to talk to us, not run away

• by Steve

I absolutely love a good zombie movie. So, the Buffy the Vampire Slayer episode “Dead Man’s Party” wins points with me simply because it reminded me a bit of Night of the Living Dead.

Of course, it didn’t win enough points for me to consider it a great episode.

First of all, who in their right mind would put a hideous mask like that

in their bedroom; like Buffy’s mom does (and of course the mask is what causes dead people to come to life).

The thing had real teeth on it.

That’s not a bedroom decoration.

I also love the fact her mom allows her to have a big party at their place, complete with drinking.

You think the neighbors would complain.

And, let’s not overlook the ...

• fact that, not only were the guests confused by the zombies crashing into the house; nobody seemed to care that several guests weren’t only killed, their bodies disappeared once the mask and demon it contained were destroyed.

Don’t you think those kids’ parents will wonder where they disappeared to?

I did like the fact Buffy got to clear the air a bit with her

friends.

But, I do think everyone went a bit over the top too.

Great way to corner her and make her feel like crap.

I think you could have done a better job like “we understand your pain Buffy, but we care about you and want you to talk to us, not run away.

” In other words, it doesn’t do Night of the Living Dead any justice but had a couple redeeming points.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 10201557761031/k2311a012/1.2.09