Family Guy: Road to Germany  » TV  »
  • This was a clever episode and one I definitely enjoyed watching

• by Steve

There are days I absolutely cannot stand watching the series Family Guy. And, there are others that aren’t too bad.

The episode last night “Road to Germany” was one that I didn’t mind.

This one had an interesting take; Brian and Stewie time travel back to World War II Germany and

take on the third reich.

While some of the jokes were a bit corny (like Stewie imitating Adolph Hitler), there were plenty of scenes that had me laughing out loud.

For example, the movie manages to spoof classic films like Back to the Future and Raiders of the Lost Ark (or ...

• was it Temple of Doom, I can never remember which is which).

And, they manage to slip in jokes about George Bush and John McCain while they are at it.

The thing I liked about this one is it doesn’t resort to a lot of the crude material you often see

in episodes of this series.

Instead, about 99 percent of the jokes were family friendly; something that was a bit refreshing for me since my daughter likes watching the show even though she probably shouldn’t.

This was a clever episode and one I definitely enjoyed watching.

I just hope they show some re-runs of it.

Family Guy: Road to Germany

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 10201557661031/k2311a012/1.2.09