Billy Madison  » Movies  »
2.0
  • When the movie Billy Madison first came out, I thought it was pretty good

• by Steve

When the movie Billy Madison first came out, I thought it was pretty good. Maybe it’s because I’m older and wiser now, but I absolutely can’t stand it any more.

Adam Sandler is OK as a rich 20-something who repeats his classes from kindergarten up in order to inherit his father’s company.

But, overall, the

plot is pretty weak.

The thing with Sandler and comedies is, in most of them, he essentially plays the exact same character; just a different name and different scenario.

He has some goofy kid-like pranks, displays a temper and mixes in the occasional song.

If you took this movie and Happy Gilmore for example, you ...

• have the same guy, just one is a golfer.

The jokes in this movie are also quite crude.

You have a gay principal with the hots for Billy and everything from jokes about wetting your pants to a mother who likes to wipe her kid’s boogers on herself.

I tried watching this movie the other

day and found myself rolling my eyes more than actually laughing.

It has too many lame jokes in it; enough to lull you asleep so you miss the good jokes when they actually happen.

It’s probably maturity but I just can’t find this movie funny any more.

Maybe I need to be a teenaged boy for that to happen again.

Billy Madison

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11201557651031/k2311a012/1.2.09