Flight of the Phoenix  » Movies  »
  • And, overall, I thought the movie was pretty good
  • If I have any complaints about the movie, I think it was the fact it doesn't make a lot of effort to give more depth to the characters

• by Steve

My wife is a huge Hugh Laurie fan so we ended up watching one of his movies the other day; Flight of the Phoenix. And, overall, I thought the movie was pretty good.

Technically, it stars Dennis Quaid and I’m not normally a fan of his.

But, even he did a decent job in this movie, which is about a group of

oil workers who are involved in a plane crash in the Mongolian desert and have no hope of rescue; except if they build a new plane out of their old plane.

The movie is full of twists and turns from the group having to protect themselves from nomads to them having to be under the command of a tyrant simply because he’s ...

• the only one who knows how to build the plane.

And, they are running out of water quickly so they have to work fast to make sure it gets done before they die.

If I have any complaints about the movie, I think it was the fact it doesn’t make a lot of effort to give more depth to the characters.

We

get a bit of detail about their personalities and some hint about which ones have kids and such but not enough to make you care if someone gets injured or killed.

It also would be nice to see more of the plane they build at the end and see them get home safe, rather than us assuming it happened by the pictures showing in the credits at the end.

Flight of the Phoenix

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11201557551031/k2311a012/1.2.09