Applebees Beaver Dam, WI  » Restaurants  »
Beaver Dam, WI
  • And, surprisingly, it wasn't that bad of an experience
  • I think we only ended up waiting about 15 minutes

• by Steve

I don’t eat at Applebees in Beaver Dam, WI that often both because of price and because, most of the time, we don’t get very good service. However, the other night, I had $20 worth of gift cards for the restaurant and figured it was a good time to use them. And, surprisingly, it wasn’t that bad of an experience.

I like Applebee’s food. And, the steak covered in parmesan cheese and shrimp

I ordered was very good (even though it really wasn’t that big).

And, for once, we actually had decent service. I wasn’t expecting that considering it was a Friday night and I figured it would be packed.

Instead, we were seated right away and we had a waitress who was very friendly. Our drinks were delivered in a timely manner and she was very patient with us as we tried to make up ...

• our mind about what we wanted to order.

Heck, she even threw in some suggestions for us. The last couple times we have eaten there, we had to wait for what seemed like an eternity to get our food.

That wasn’t the case this time either. I think we only ended up waiting about 15 minutes; not bad.

My only real complaint about the evening was I ordered my steak well done and

it wasn’t. I could have sent it back; but I actually don’t mind my steaks a bit pink.

I just order them well done so they don’t come to the table raw. The Mountain Dew I ordered for a drink also tasted a bit flat.

Still, compared to other dining experiences at that establishment, this one actually wasn’t too bad. If I continue to get service like I did Friday night, I’m sure to be a repeat customer again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 7201557431031/k2311a012/1.2.09