Pretty in Pink  » Movies  »
2.5
  • It was one of the most boring movies I've ever seen
  • And, I'm sure you'll find plenty of people who consider themselves fans
  • Unfortunately, I just can't count myself as part of that group

• by Steve

The film Pretty in Pink has been out for a long time now but tonight was the first time I had a chance to sit down and actually watch it. It was supposed to be a glimpse into the life of a teenaged girl in the 1980s. It was one of the most boring movies I’ve ever seen.

/> First of all, how in the world did Molly Ringwald get movie roles back then. Hollywood starring roles usually go to the hottest girls.

She wouldn’t be hot if I had a dozen beers first. I probably could live with that fact if she could actually act.

But, that was a lost cause too. There were times when ...

• I felt like I was watching a bad high school play.

The plot itself wasn’t terrible. You have a poor girl trying to date a rich guy and is so embarrassed by her situation, she doesn’t even want him to see where she lives.

The ending was kind of cliche. You have her down in the dumps but,

of course, nothing can cure that better than dressing up (in a pink dress she makes; hence the name of the movie) and going to the high school prom.

Maybe this movie is a classic. And, I’m sure you’ll find plenty of people who consider themselves fans.

Unfortunately, I just can’t count myself as part of that group. I simply hated this movie.

Pretty in Pink

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11201557320931/k2311a012/1.2.09