Papa Murphy’s Philly Cheesesteak Pizza  » Food  »
  • When I baked the pizza at home, the first thing I noticed was it looked almost bare

• by Steve

I’m usually a big Papa Murphy’s Take ‘N Bake fan. But, I have to say I’m not a huge fan of their Philly Cheesesteak Pizza.

The pizza was nothing like the advertisement that enticed me to buy it.

There was plenty of cheese, including a cheddar cheese sauce that wasn’t too bad.

But, there really wasn’t

much else in terms of toppings.

When I baked the pizza at home, the first thing I noticed was it looked almost bare.

That was a bit strange considering Papa Murphy’s usually doesn’t skimp on toppings.

Usually, I can’t even bite into a slice without getting a mouthful of whatever I have them put on there.

...

• I’m almost wondering if the toppings for this pizza were just too expensive to put on it in bulk.

Taste wise, it wasn’t too bad.

Like I said before, there is a cheddar cheese sauce that added a somewhat unique flavor to the pizza; especially when it was mixed with the mozzarella and parmesan cheese.

And,

as always, the crust was light and fluffy.

However, when compared to even their average sausage and mushroom pizza, I have to say this pizza was far below their normal standards of quality.

I had purchased it thinking it would become an instant favorite.

Instead, it became one of the few pizzas I will never order from them again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27201556900931/k2311a012/1.2.09