Forgetting Sarah Marshall  » Movies  »
  • It made me wish that was a real musical because I think it would end up being very entertaining
  • As far as romantic comedies go, this is definitely one of the better ones I've seen

• by Steve

I’m not usually a huge fan of romantic comedies. They’re OK but I get bored with them quickly because they usually have the same basic plot. However, I have to say, after watching Forgetting Sarah Marshall, I did find myself entertained throughout.

The good thing about this movie is it offers a little different twist on the whole romantic comedy theme. Sure, you have a guy who just got dumped by his girlfriend of 5

years (who happens to be a television star) and he has to cope with being at the same resort as her; while she’s there with her rock star boyfriend.

And, you have the same love story between the guy and another woman you would have in most movies. But, the difference between this movie and others is his ex-girlfriend turns not to be a total witch.

In fact, she’s not really that terrible of a person at all. We see her making a serious effort to check on his well being and even making an effort to be friends with him.

We also learn she went to various therapists when she started feeling their relationship was going downhill and tried new things to revive it and only ended up cheating on him when he didn’t notice. OK, so it was his fault too; that’s refreshing too.

And, you are left ...

• Forgetting Sarah Marshall
      with some doubts about how the movie is going to end. Does he get together with the hotel receptionist? Do he and Sarah Marshall get back together? Or does he realize he can move on with his life without either?

There were some really funny scenes in this movie too.

You have one where he and Sarah each take their respective dates home (their rooms are next to each other) and try to outdo each

other in the sex department by making as much noise as possible. My wife and I were in tears from laughing so hard.

The Dracula musical he eventually writes and performs; with puppets, is also very funny and entertaining. It made me wish that was a real musical because I think it would end up being very entertaining.

As far as romantic comedies go, this is definitely one of the better ones I’ve seen. I feel Forgetting Sarah Marshall is definitely a movie I’ll remember.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11201556770931/k2311a012/1.2.09