Dave and Buster’s Philadelphia
325 N Columbus Philadelphia , PA 19106
  • Walking into Dave and Buster's you have the option of going straight to the bar, which I recommend purchasing a Snowcone, an alcoholic beverage that is absolutely delicious
  • The games systems work on a principle of credits and the better the game is, the more credits they cost, which on average is about 3.2 credits
  • Overall, for a great family experience, you can't go wrong
  • I enjoyed myself and I would definitely go again, albeit with substantially more money

• by Gene Gray

This weekend, I drove all the way from Springfield, Massachusetts to Philadelphia, Pa to come to Dave and Buster’s. It is located at 325 N Columbus 325 Philadelphia , PA. This was my first time coming to this place and I heard so many things about it. It is a combination of a restaurant and a video game arcade, which is really cool.

When you first drive up, there’s the option of either paying for parking in their garage or finding a spot on the street. Trust me, you want to find a spot on the street. The garage parking costs 11 dollars and for four dollars in coins, you can park for four hours

on the street.

Walking into Dave and Buster’s, make sure you are above the age of 21 and if not, be with an adult over the age of 25. Walking into Dave and Buster’s you have the option of going straight to the bar, which I recommend purchasing a Snowcone, an alcoholic beverage that is absolutely delicious. You can reserve a table and get something to eat, or you can go directly and play in the pool hall or the arcade section.

The only thing that is annoying about Dav and Buster’s is the wait for a table. Sometimes, it can be absolutely ridiculous waiting for a table. The family that came in with us ...

• around 6 pm didn’t get a table until we left around 8:30 pm.

The pool can be expensive, costing around 14 dollars an hour. The arcade is a sort of an organized disaster. There are little kids everywhere and there are usually tons of people waiting for the same games.

The prices are a bit expensive too. The games systems work on a principle of credits and the better the game is, the more credits they cost, which on average is about 3. 2 credits.

I had fun with this Jump Rope game, where you jump over a moving light until you get a jackpot of up to 400 tickets. I spent a good hour trying

to get the jackpot for the basketball game. But I was defeated each time by this one guy who’s average score was 120 points.

The jackpot, by the way, was to score 100 and I only got up to 80 points. The prizes at Dave and Busters were expensive of course, and the ticket payout is usually very low. Overall, for a great family experience, you can’t go wrong.

Just be expecting to spend money if you want the full experience. They have deals here, but if your trying to be here for more than 2 hours, expect to pay. I enjoyed myself and I would definitely go again, albeit with substantially more money.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 59201556500831/k2311a012/1.2.09