Baumann’s Hot & Spicy Barbecue Sauce  » Food  »
Sold through Save-a-Lot stores
  • This was a larger bottle for a smaller price, so I thought it was worth trying
  • Things I love, you might hate and vice versa

• by chatombreux

If I could only use one word to describe this barbecue sauce, that word would have to be, “WOW!!” And, I really don’t think that’s a strong enough superlative for this BBQ sauce.

I had gone shopping with my mother who just loves Save-a-Lot. I was looking on my own at different items when I saw this BBQ sauce. For whatever reason, it just appealed to me. I had recently had a Coney Island brand Steak Sauce that was excellent. A touch of sweet with a little fire. When I saw this, I thought of that. This was a larger

bottle for a smaller price, so I thought it was worth trying.

WOW (again)! I couldn’t believe how good it was. There weren’t tiny bits of onion like in the Coney Island sauce, but the rest of it was equally excellent. I don’t want sickeningly sweet BBQ sauce and I don’t want anything that equates itself in any way to Hell. But, a little bit of heat goes a long way with me and this has gone all the way, I can assure you!

I’ve used it as a substitute for A-1 sauce in a meatloaf recipe, I use it on burgers, whether on ...

• my plate or on a bun, and, most recently, I’ve used it as a condiment on a roast beef sandwich with a little mayonnaise and a slice of cheese. Superb!!! (Really, I can’t think of a word strong enough to describe how happy I am with this sauce.)

Admittedly, there’s no guarantee you’ll like it as much as I do. Things I love, you might hate and vice versa. But, if you’re ever in a Save-a-Lot store and see this on the shelf, please do try it. It’s not a lot of money and I’m sure there are other ways to use

it even if you find it’s not quite what you wanted.

I don’t know who actually makes this, but Acme/Albertson’s is the parent company of Save-a-Lot, so there is the possibility it is marketed under another brand label. This is a 28 oz bottle whose first three ingredients are: tomato puree, high fructose corn syrup and vinegar. Maybe there’s no Save-a-Lot near you, but I’ll bet there’s an Acme or an Albertson’s. If you want the other ingredients, you can send me an inquiry using the link below. I hope you try it and I hope you like it as much as I do.

[email protected] says :

wher can we buy it in rhode island. exploron1 yahoo.com

sheryl olsen says :

save alot in sc and fl have stopped selling baumanns barbecue sauce..where can i get it now ? s

Henry says :

I recently bought some at a Sav a Lot in Orlando. And I was pleasantly surprised

sheryl olsen says :

where did you go ?? i can`t use any other sauce and sava lot doesn`t have it where can i get it ??? thank you

Gordon says :

I also agree it’s the best that I’ve ever tasted.and would surely like to know were I could get it.i live in South Bend In. aldi’s quit caring it.

Sharleen Zenoble says :

I always bought Baumann’s Best BBQ sauce at Save A Lot but they don’t have it anymore. I asked a clerk today and she said she was told they changed the name to Kurtz so I bought a bottle and compared it with the Baumann’s I still have. It tastes the same to me. They have several flavors. Hope this helps

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27201556300831/k2311a012/1.2.09