Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince  » Books  »
  • Having read the other five and finding each book stimulating and entertaining and just about the best books I have ever read
  • I have to say I found the book rather an anti climax

• by Melanie
      I recently read Harry Potter and the Half blood Prince. This is the sixth book in the series of Harry Potter books.

Having read the other five and finding each book stimulating and entertaining and just about the best books I have ever read.

I didnt expect to be let down by the sixth.

Im afraid to say I felt rather

let down and Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince did not live up to the previous Harry Potter books I have read.

It was brilliant and entertaining however right up until the last few chapters when I was very let down as to how the book ended, with Dumbledore the great headmaster and great wizard being murdered by Professor Snape.

I was saddened and ...

• shocked that Dumbledore died and also that Snape turned out to be on the dark side after all when they had lead you to believe all through the other books that he was to be trusted although an unsavory character.

There was no appearance of Lord Voldermort atall throughout the whole book and while there useally is a very exciting end to the harry potter

books this time the ending turned out to be rather dull, with the death eaters attacking the school and Dumbledore being killed and then ending with Dumbledores funeral.

I have to say I found the book rather an anti climax.

Lets hope the next Harry Potter book is more entertaining when Harry has to go off in search of the horcrux’s and hopefully destroy Lord Voldermort once and for all.

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 17140555610231/k2311a0514/5.14.06