Movie The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian  » Movies  »
  • I enjoyed the movie, but it was not as entertaining or complex as The Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobe
  • I give Caspian a 7 out of 10, but was somewhat disappointed that it was not a much better film

• by shawn the writer

My wife and I recently watched The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian (I will refer to the movie as “Caspian”). I enjoyed the movie, but it was not as entertaining or complex as The Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobe.

In Caspian, the four future kings and queens of Narnia are transported back to Narnia to help a young prince overthrow his evil uncle. Not much time has passed in the ‘real world’ since the last adventure, but in Narnian time, hundreds of years have went by since

the last movie, and Narnians are thought to be extinct. Now, humans rule the land, led by a power hungry would-be king who seeks to murder his only rival to the throne, Prince Caspian.

Caspian features a lot of imaginative creatures but it does not offer anything new or unseen in the last movie. We have seen centaurs and talking animals before. The closest thing to a new character is the talking mouse who is quite the swordsman. However, I was contantly reminded of the character Puss ...

• In Boots from the Shrek movies. The mouse was a little too cartoony to be taken seriously.

The kids in the movie are all fine, but I did not understand why the oldest could not easily win in combat against the middle-aged king, especially considering what a swordsman he was shown to be in the first movie. Also, I had no idea why Aslon had to wait out in the woods and do nothing to help until Lucy somehow managed to reach him, risking death in the process.

I kept thinking, why did Aslon just sit there and wait? Why didn’t he help in the first place? A lot of Narnians died because Aslon, for whatever reason, did nothing.

The movie features a lot of violence, but it is fairly sanitized. There is a lot of swordplay, but no decapitations or blood and gore. Many character are killed however, and this is not a movie for young children.

I give Caspian a 7 out of 10, but was somewhat disappointed that it was not a much better film.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11101555181031/k2311a011/1.1.09