Be Not Afraid - Overcoming the Fear of Death by Johann Christoh Arnold  » Movies  »
1.5
  • I don't have a problem with books by any one particular group, I have read books by all groups including Hindu, Islam, Judaism, Buddha and have always been able to find the principles in the message even if I did not believe in their concept of God

• by GardenOfKnowledge

I should start by saying that I did not enjoy this book. Perhaps my expectations were too high going in and the only outcome was my disappointment.

I’m not sure but the author does make a bold assertion when he suggests in the title that his book will help you overcome the fear of death.

I was given this book a year ago and had no real desire at the time to

read it, however, after watching Seven Pounds and really feeling bad after the movie, I realized that I was not prepared at all for death.

I remembered that I was given this book and thought that maybe it was meant for me to be able to read now.

First and foremost, non-Christians, beware.

This book is not for anyone other than those who are Christians.

I don’t have a problem with ...

• books by any one particular group, I have read books by all groups including Hindu, Islam, Judaism, Buddha and have always been able to find the principles in the message even if I did not believe in their concept of God.

I could not find the principle or message in this book other than to suggest to the reader that without Christianity there could be no overcoming the fear of death.

The book

is a compilation of stories by the author about his family and extended family.

The stories deal with their deaths and the book seems more like a personal purging of the demons rather than an insightful piece designed to inspire the reader.

If your true purpose for reading this book is to gain some enlightenment or understanding that would assist you in your understanding or acceptance of death, this is not the book for it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11101554690931/k2311a011/1.1.09