Tirrenia Ferries  » Cruises/Ferries  »
Italy
  • I just want to share my experience with this Tirrenia Ferries

• by momlouitan

I just want to share my experience with this Tirrenia Ferries.

We had our holiday to Italy on October. We decided to spend few days in Sicily island. And we took this Tirrenia ferries to cross the island to Naples.

When we booked the ticket online through their website, they asked us to fill the online form. If we want to bring a car inside, we

also need to write specification of our car. Since we had a rental car which we did not know yet what kind of car that we will get, of course we could not fill the specification of our vehicles on their online booking system.

We contacted their office mentioning about our situation. We said that we booked tickets but we did not book for our car ...

• yet since we had no clue about the information of the car yet. The person on the phone said we could do it in their office before we leave with the boat. He said that the price would be the same as mentioned on their website. We checked few times, and the website said that the price of the car will be 10 euro since
        they have promotional price.

When we were there, my husband tried to pay for the car on their office. And guess what? They charged us for 89 Euro only for the car. They said that they could not do anything. That’s the rate on their computer. And we had no choice. We could not leave without our car.

So it was very expensive ferries trip for us.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 43112554080131/k2311a1231/12.31.08