Chock Full o’Nuts ground coffee
  • I rarely find any coffee that tastes as good at home as it tastes out, but I think this comes darned close

• by chatombreux

My mother loves coffee - maybe not quite as much as a coffee house devotee, but she MUST have a cup when she gets up, when she goes out for dinner and, strangely, every time she’s been in the ER.

After a while, the coffee she was making just didn’t taste right, no matter who made it. She said to change coffee brands to see

if we could find a better flavored coffee. As it happened, Chock Full o’Nuts was on sale at Shop Rite that next week. I bought three different blends: New York Roast, Breakfast Blend and French Roast.

The first pot of coffee, New York Roast, was a hit!! So were the other two blends. All really definite smoky roast flavorings permeated ...

• each cup without the bitterness we were getting on Maxwell House, no matter what blend we bought. That strong acidic taste just wasn’t there, even though they were decaf blends. But, now we’re using the 1/2 caffeine and it’s just as good as the rest.

I have bought other brands since because the price was right, but other than some hazelnut flavored

New England brand, which she really liked as well, we’ve always come back to chock Full o’Nuts as soon as we see it on sale again.

So, I have to give a glowing recommendation to this brand of coffee, which isn’t something I normally do. I rarely find any coffee that tastes as good at home as it tastes out, but I think this comes darned close.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 273112553880131/k2311a1231/12.31.08